Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Googly Eye "Eek" Frame


Halloween is a great time of year to have fun with bold color and silly decor.  What says "silly" quite like googly eyes?!  This adorable Googly Eye "Eek" frame takes about an hour and costs less than $7!  It is also a great project for kids to get their hands on.... just keep an eye on them.  (Ha... get it?)  Even better, for you busy mom's out there, this project comes equipped with one-stop-shopping - all materials used for this project were purchased at Michaels.
Materials
Square Wood Frame
Bag of Googly Eyes - variety pack
Wood Letters (2) "E" & (1) "K"
Ribbon
Acrylic Paint - (2) Colors
Glitter
Paint Brush
Tacky Glue or Elmer's Glue
Glitter Glue or Elmer's Glue
Sand Paper
Tweezers (optional)

Instructions
1.  Prep your piece by sanding down the rough edges and surfaces.

2.  Paint your entire piece.  I used purple but use whatever feels like Halloween to you!  Don't worry too much about a solid/consistent coat on the front of the frame.  You won't see much of it by the end.  Set aside to dry.

3.  Paint and glitter your letters.  I used orange paint and "Orange Sherbet" Martha Stewart glitter.  Set aside to dry.

4.  Once your frame is completely dry, wrap ribbon around frame.  I opted for two times around, you may want one... or five.  Use tacky glue to hold into place.  And add your finished letters.

5.  It's time to add the eyes!  My technique was pretty random, though worked out really well.  I had 5 different size eyes balls.  Using tacky glue, I applied the two largest sizes around the frame first.  I did this so I wouldn't run out of sizes as I worked my way around the frame.  After the larger eyes were on, I started to fill in.  For the tiniest size, I found it was easier to use tweezers rather than fingers.  My fingers just seem to get in the way.
Just keep filling in....
Until....

You're done!

A Night Owl





Hubby Made Me

7 comments:

  1. I love this and want to make one very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you love it! It really doesn't take as long as it LOOKS like it does. :)

      Delete
  2. That's such a great idea! Who doesn't love googly eyes?? And a whole bunch are even more fun :) It turned out adorable! I would love if you shared this at my Throwback Thursday party. I hope to see you there! http://www.hubbymademe.com/throwback-thursday-no-10/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Britni! I linked it up to this week's link party!

      Delete
  3. visit n7h18m8r22 buy replica bags replica bags ebay Full Article q1e03g8x88 replica louis vuitton replica zara bags replica bags philippines visit site g2k68r4s04 replica bags uk

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips