Camp Craft Week Project #5: Popsicle Stick Bird Feeder
An alternative craft to making popsicle stick pictures frames or an egg carton bird feeder is the popsicle stick bird feeder. This project is quick, easy and perfect for little fingers! Just have some glue and bird seed handy and your little one will be inviting the birds over for a snack in no time!
1. Lay out popsicle sticks to create the base of the feeder. Use a full stick as a guide for length.
2. Once all laid out and lined up, add glue to two sticks and place across the base.
4. Flip base over and add two sticks along edge, perpendicular to base sticks.
5. Add dots of glue to all four corners and add to sticks overlapping previous lay, log cabin style.
6. Cut one stick in half and glue to base to create a step for the birds.
7. Resume adding sticks using the log cabin method, only applying glue to the corners.
8. Cut two pieces of string about 1 ft long each. String through the bottom of the bird feeder and up through slats in the sides. Tie all four ends in a knot.
9. Add bird seed, hang and enjoy your guests!
Do you want a free set of materials for this project?
Add your entries below!