Camp Craft Week Project #4: Coffee Filter Butterflies
If you have little hands to entertain, this coffee filter butterfly project is perfect. Minimal motor skills are needed to make a beautiful fluttering creation.
1. Prep your work space. You will want plenty of surface cover for this project. Remember that watercolors do seep through and will make a BIG mess.
2. Go crazy with water colors on a coffee filter.
3. Allow to completely dry. This only takes about 10-15 minutes.
4. In the meantime, twist your pipe cleaners into a butterfly body and antennae.
5. Once your coffee filter is completely dry, fold much like you would a paper fan.
6. Fold butterfly body in half, squish your fanned coffee filter in between and secure ends of pipe cleaners at base of the antennae.
7. Fan out coffee filter into wings. Use glue to secure and add google eyes if desired.
Do you want to win the materials needed for this project?