Monday, July 16, 2012

Sewing Kit Makeover


I have struggled for years to find the perfect sewing kit.  Either they are too frilly or too graphic.  Out of nowhere, there is this trend of mismatched sides and tops.  I couldn't find one that really suited my Creative Cubby and style.

Until... one day, I wandered through the clearance section at Jo-Ann and stumbled upon this kit - marked down from $40 to $12.


I'm not a flowers girl.  I'm just not.  But I love plaid and this color scheme was perfect.  So I snatched it up!

I found this wonderful cross stitch pattern on Everything Cross Stitch (find it here).  I adjusted the aida size so it will fit on the top of the box.  The pattern calls for 14ct. aida.  I stitched it on 18 ct. aida.


Once I finished the designs, I simply did some basic folding and gluing to the top of the kit.  I used fabric glue under the design and hot glue along the edges.  Ta-da!!!  My dream sewing kit!

2 comments:

  1. I love it!!!! Great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found this wonderful cross stitch pattern on Everything Cross Stitch (find it here). I adjusted the aida size so it will fit on the top of the box. The pattern calls for 14ct. aida. queen size fitted bed sheets , bridal bed sheet design

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips