Monday, July 9, 2012

Scrapbook Paper Organization


There are about a million different ways to organize your scrapbook paper.  It took me a while to figure out what really works for me.  I am the type of person that knows exactly what I'm looking for and I want to be able to grab it instantly.  Therefore, a hyper-organized scrapbook paper drawer is ideal for me.

I have the storage cube system from Michael's in my craft room.  I simply purchased 1 large file drawer and a few sets of the corresponding file folders.

I organized my papers first by season, then by holiday, a few random categories, and finally, by color.  The tabs are stickable tabs from Staples and I used my best friend {my label maker} to keep the labels clean and uniform.  (See my full list of labels below.)

Here are my labels:
Spring
Summer
Fall
Winter
Valentines
St Patricks
Easter
Patriotic
Halloween
Thanksgiving
Christmas
Disney
Travel
Misc
Red/Pink
Orange
Yellow/Gold
Green
Blue
Purple
Brown
White
Grey/Silver
Black

I'm sure once I have children or I find a big need for it, I'll add a few more categories.
Some others to consider:
School
Boy
Girl
Wedding
Birthdays
Sports
Hobbies

Happy Organizing!

5 comments:

  1. Scrapbook papers stocked in a very simple paper organizer, isn't it ironic? Anyway, I love the idea, especially how plain it looks - very neat - like you'll be ashamed to disorganize it. By the way, can you post your scrapbook project?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't think Michael's sells the file drawer anymore, I have been looking for a file for the 12 x 12 paper, so far nothing is coming up! any ideas of where to find a filing system? I love the way yours looks so neat and organized!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, have been looking for a 12x12 file for my paper! I've looked everywhere. Home Depot, Menard's, Staples, Michael's, Scrap booking store. No luck. I do like the looks of this file cabinet. Please let me know if you find this it or one similar. I'd be grateful! :-D THANKS!

    ReplyDelete

 
Blogging tips