Wednesday, April 10, 2013

{In The Shop} - Halloween Witch Cross Stitch Pattern

 

One of my favorite crafty projects is cross stitching.  For me, it feels like putting together a puzzle - I can focus on little areas at a time and suddenly a picture has appeared!  Though tedious, learning and mastering cross stitch has taught me patience and acceptance of flaws.  You see, I'm an insufferable perfectionist - but with cross stitch, most errors cannot be seen nor detected.  My cross stitches are riddled with errors, but can you tell?  Check out my Cross Stitch Gallery to see the projects I have completed and am most proud of!

Last fall, I decided I wanted to try making my own cross stitch pattern.  I wanted to create a great beginner's pattern that required minimal materials.  I did a lot of brainstorming and debating and have come up with a few to finally debut!  Meet the first pattern!

Cross Stitch evokes a vintage, old-world aesthetic and what time of year is this most appreciated?  Well, Halloween, of course!

This Halloween Witch Cross Stitch Pattern was inspired by two greats, Shakespeare and Harry Potter.  Does the witch look familiar?  If so, then you're a huge Potter-head!  She was inspired by The Leaky Cauldron sign.

Again, this is a great beginner's pattern.  All you need is an 8"x10" piece of "Sandy" aida {the fabric}, DMC 3371 {the thread}, a needle and some scissors.  Ready to give it shot?
$4.00


1 comment:

 
Blogging tips