This is a quick, inexpensive and easy diy that can be customized to members of your family or fun for kids!
Wood Board (I got mine from Michael's in the wood section)
Mod Podge Roller (optional)
Hot Glue Gun
1. Drill holes in board where you would like to have your string go through.
2. Cut scrapbook paper to size and use hole punch to create openings over string holes. The best way I found to do this was to put the paper face down on the table, lay the wood piece on top of it, and mark the holes on the paper using the pencil.
3. Mod Podge the entire wood board with sponge brush, line up paper and smooth onto board. I use a Mod Podge roller to get out my bubbles in the paper.
4. Cut second piece of scrapbook, apply Mod Podge to back of sheet, and place.
5. Apply fun stickers! And Mod Podge the entire board. Mod Podging over the stickers will ensure longevity. Allow to dry.
6. Once entirely dry, use hot glue gun to apply additional embellishments and clothes pins.
7. After everything has dried and settled, cut string to size and hang!