Sometime last year, I came across a pin that featured artwork made of cross stitching with yarn on a pegboard. I loved the look of it, but as an avid cross stitcher, I disliked how sparse they appeared. The yarn left quite a bit of white space showing through. After some brainstorming, I decided to give ribbon a try.
I had two cuts of pegboard sitting around. Once upon a time ago, I had dreamed of using them to organize my crafts. That never came to fruition, so now I had two cuts of 2.5' x 3' cuts of pegboards just begging for new life.
Also convenient, I had quite a load of ribbon lying around. Not even to complete the boards, mind you. I'm not a hoarder. But enough to inspire the design and put me on the right track.
* If you like the wave design, the printable patterns are below.
Now for a Creative Cubby first! You can either
1) follow along with the video below OR
2) continue to scroll for detailed instructions.
The choice is yours!
Need the step-by-step? Keep reading!
1. Unravel your entire spool of ribbon. The whole thing.
Just ask Phineas and Ferb.}
7. To hang, add your favorite hanging hooks. Pegboards are typically only 1/4" thick, so be wary of how deep your screws are.