Thursday, July 7, 2011
Sleeping Baby Door Hanger
Approximate Time: 1 hour (includes drying time)
Wood Plaque of Your Choice
Scrapbook Alphabet Letters
Permanent Marker (Fine Tipped)
Mod Podge (Gloss)
Glue (Tacky or Hot)
1. Drill holes in plaque to desired size. I used 1/4 inch ribbon so I used a small drill bit. **If you don't have an electric drill, you can easily make a hole using a screw or a hammer.
2. Paint the entire plaque in your desired color.
3. Wait until the paint is completely dry!!! This is very important - have patience!
4. Place letters on board. I outlined the letters with a fine-tipped black permanent marker to help them pop. White or paint pens would have worked well too.
5. Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge using sponge brush on entire plaque. Not too much, just enough to add a little sheen and keep the letters on. See detailed look below:
6. Using Tacky Glue or Hot Glue, attach your embellishments. String ribbon through holes.
And viola! You have a delightful sign any mother would appreciate.
Inspired by: http://www.sayitonthewall.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=131&g2_imageViewsIndex=1