Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Dark Roses Halloween Wreath

 

Add a little dark and creepy to your Halloween decor
with this rose wreath.
Extra bonus - super quick and inexpensive!

Time Needed: 30 minutes

Materials: 
Fake Roses (Tip: Buy on sale!!!)
Wreath (Used: Natural Wreath)
Black Spray Paint
Scissors
Hot Glue Gun
Hanging Wire
Cardboard Box

Instructions: 

1.  Cut blossoms off main stem leaving about half an inch of stem.  Lay around wreath to ensure you have the proper number and distribution of flowers to cover the whole wreath.

2.  In a well-ventilated space outdoors, lay blossoms face-down on ground cover and lightly spray with black spray paint.  I wanted a little red to show through but spray to your desired color.

3.  Flip flowers over and spray black.  I used a cardboard box as my covered space, so I was able to make holes in the cardboard into which I stuck the blossom stems to stand them upright.  I also had to spray my flowers about three times to get the color I wanted.

4.  After allowing flowers to dry, use hot glue to attach flowers to wreath in desired pattern.
**TIP: Make sure you lay out the roses in the wreath first before gluing the buds in.  This will ensure an even and full wreath.

5.  Hang wreath and enjoy!


No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!

 
Blogging tips